Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Welcome to Blogtoberfest!

I have shamefully neglected my blog this summer, but I have a whole array of excuses. Painting the outside of the house, rebuilding a porch, lack of time for sewing or crafts, a strong dislike for WordPress, which makes everything unpleasant.  However, I couldn't figure out how to make Blogger the home page on my website, so, here I am. Please ignore the weird, disorganized appearance.  Someday, I'll conquer WP.

Anyway, I've done the one post per day thing over on my Live Journal.  There, I talk about my house, my grandkids, my husband, my dog, the weather, my business, and anything else that I feel like discussing.  This was meant to be my craft blog.  In light of the fact that I haven't posted in two months, maybe this will become a public version of my LJ.  We will see.

So, to introduce myself, I'm all of those things in the box on the sidebar.  I am a BookCrosser.  We register books and leave them in public places for people to find and enjoy.  With luck, they journal them and we can track their journey.  I've had books travel from Texas to Central America, through Cuba, and on to Canada. We lost track there, but it may surface at any time.  One of my books was journaled almost  years after I released it.  It's a lot of fun, and there is a wonderful community there, so you might want to check it out.  I'm TexasWren there too.

So, what have I been crafting lately? 
I made a puppet theater for my granddaughter.  I sort of combined the pictures from several places and put my own spin on it, and this was the result.

DSCF2278

She has been using the curtain as a permanent part of her door, so that’s been fun.

Mostly, I’ve been working on the outside of the house.  We hired someone to paint it, but there were still a million things to do besides the paint.  Our house is over 100 years old, and I don’t think it had been painted in several decades.  It went from this:

Same wall-before

To this:

New paint

There is still a ton of work to do-repairs (see that window frame?) and finishing the verandah. We have stained and varnished floors on the wrap-around porch, instead of painting them.  They are gorgeous, but I’m thinking they aren’t going to wear well.  If they don’t, we can always paint them.

So, that’s how I spent my summer.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment