Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Easter basket

Hunter's mom asked me to make him a fabric Easter basket to match Madison's basket.  I really didn't have time, but, it's Hunter, so I said I would do it.  She furnished the fabric.

I just don't know what to charge her for it, so I was hoping you guys would tell me what you would pay for it if it was in my Etsy shop.

It is about 8 1/2" wide by 5 1/2" wide and about 6" deep.  I fussy cut the fabric so that the John Deere logo was centered on both sides of the outside and the lining.  I also fussy cut the handle so that the words John Deere were on the top.

Bear in mind that it isn't quite finished--I need to top stitch and press.

So, what you pay for it.  $10, $15, $18, or $20.  Remember that I didn't make it for resell, I did it as a favor for a friend.  So, if  I were doing it as a favor for your baby, what would you pay?

This is the inside-remember that it hasn't been pressed.

Thanks guys.  The hardest part of selling things is figuring out the price.


  1. How long did it take you to make it? If it's anything more than a couple of hours then I'd go for $20 personally!

    1. I was cooking and doing laundry at the same time, but I think about 2 or 3 hours. The fussy cutting took most of the time. Once I did that, the rest was fast.

  2. I think it's worth more than $20 but since it's a client whose baby you like...I think $20 is more than fair. (I think you could get $35-40 on Etsy.)

  3. That's adorable! I'm with Alrescate and Discoverylover...$20, but it's worth more. That will last for a very long time.

  4. I agree on the $20 price tag. I'd actually pay more than that because of the fussy cutting but since it's for a friend, yes, $20. It's well worth it, Mona.

  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  6. thanks for sharing such a nice post.....