Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Things I've made

I worked really hard today to finish all of my housework so that I can have tomorrow free to sew.  I still have 3 major things to make and 4 towels to embroider.  For now, I'll show you some things I've made in the past.

I made this cross stitch calendar in 1985.  Before I was finished, I'd made one for my mom, my sister, and my MIL.  It wouldn't be Christmas without it.

I made this back during the 1980's too.  The inside is a straw wreath.  The fabric was gathered and stretched over it.  I haven't used it in a couple of years, although I'm not sure why.

One of my biggest complaint about giving gift cards is finding an interesting way to wrap them.  Last year, I went to the dollar store and bought several stuffed animals.  This one was for my teenage grandson.  Then, I stitched up a little felt billfold for the card and sewed the billfold to the animal.  I had several of these under the tree, and they were really cute.

I'm always looking for new ways to give gift cards, so feel free to share.

1 comment: